MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: note moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the chances of getting note moderator in MyBB core?
https://community.mybb.com/thread-174001.html

This is a superb plugin that automates and eases admins/mods time. It comes hand in hand with any other moderating feature.

Its public so everyone sees it. You dont have to stray the conversation away from the OP by making a second post that addresses things such as no code tags, improper forum placement, etc. Most of the time i prefer to do a mod note instead of a warning as i want it public so other people know the issue has already been addressed.
Seems more like a 3rd party plugin stayer tbh.

I can't imagine many forums needing this kind of option even though I kinda like the plugin.
Yeah, it's cool, but unnecessary as code file probably.

On some forums maybe it could be nice for warnings and such, but I think it's not necessary...
I think note moderator should go side by side the warning system in MyBB. We use it more than the default warning system as its more easy for team members to see if they have been warned or not. Where the warning system is private, the note moderator is in the public eye. And at times that is better.

An example is if someone is being rude/obnoxious, etc. A mod can add that note to tell him to stop. Then every regular user knows he has been warned and can proceed VS informing the OP of the problem and discussing that instead of the original question. People seem to respond to note moderator well where they take offense to warnings.
vBulletin 3 had a nice feature, I actually never tried something like that at MyBB... On it, when you warn user for something, he has a little icon on the post which mean he is warned and anyone can see reason.

This is cool feature but it takes too much of post and is not nice to see... But I gotta say, I like how it looks but however I haven't tried it yet.