MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password not working after WBB3 merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! I'm hoping I am at the right place to get some help. It would be awesome if someone has some ideas.

We ran a Woltlab Burning Board 3 forum for some considerable amount of time and just recently decided to switch to MyBB for a higher sense of security and such.

We used the merge function of MyBB to "transfer" our WBB3 installation to MyBB. This initially worked quite well, everything transferred without errors. Upon finishing the merge, there was a plugin active that said something like "Automatically converts WBB3 passwords to MyBB when needed".
Long story short, due to some "Thread could not be found" issues and a quick google search, we ended up backing up the database at this point, reinstalling MyBB and re-importing the database back in. This fixed all "Thread could not be found" errors, but obviously removed the plugin that converts WBB3 passwords to MyBB.

I have received three "My password isn't working?!" contact mails from people who haven't logged in while the converting-password-plugin was active.

Now the questions are:
  1. Can I send a mass-mail resetting everyone's password? If so, how?
  2. Can I activate this plugin manually? If so, how?
It would be awesome if someone could help out! Thanks in advance!

Cheers
- Luk
Hi,

Yes, you'll need the login convert plugin to convert passwords during the login process.

There is no way to mass-reset user passwords, but you can grab the current version of the loginconvert plugin here: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=473

You can then upload the login convert plugin (upload "loginconvert.php" to "inc/plugins/loginconvert.php") and activate it in ACP > COnfiguration > Plugins > "Login Password Conversion" > activate.
Thank you very much. The plugin is installed and we're now hoping everything will work. If not, we'll report back, but we're optimistic Smile Smile