MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blocking links (spam) in thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all members,

everyday, some spammers are posting 2-3 messages with a link in the thread line and of course in the text.
They are human as they just post one message/user and slowly. So they will pass over security easily.

Is it possible to block any message that has a link in the thread line ? (as no real user would do that)

Thanks for your help !
DAVID

http://forum.seashell-collector.com/
this reply can be helpful.
Thanks a lot ! That will surely help me Smile

THANKS
DAVID

Hello,

Does someone still using this plugin ?
https://community.mybb.com/thread-215377...pid1295053

When I copy the files, this blocks my configuration-plugin page Sad

Thanks,
DAVID

Thanks,
DAVID
One possible solution is to split your registered users group into two. In your newbies group don't allow posting URLs and set all messages to need approval. Set up auto advance to your second group after 2 (approved) messages. It means your moderators need to monitor the forums for posts by new users, but you won't get the same level of visible spam.
Hello,

Thanks you for helping, I am going to try that !

DAVID

Hello, I created the newbie group, but there is no option for the "don't allow posting URLs", It's possible to create it ?

thanks
DAVID

(2018-02-12, 05:45 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]One possible solution is to split your registered users group into two. In your newbies group don't allow posting URLs and set all messages to need approval. Set up auto advance to your second group after 2 (approved) messages. It means your moderators need to monitor the forums for posts by new users, but you won't get the same level of visible spam.

Hello, I created the newbie group, but there is no option for the "don't allow posting URLs", It's possible to create it ?

thanks
DAVID
(2018-02-13, 12:35 PM)desfrags Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thanks you for helping, I am going to try that !

DAVID

thanks
DAVID

(2018-02-12, 05:45 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]One possible solution is to split your registered users group into two. In your newbies group don't allow posting URLs and set all messages to need approval. Set up auto advance to your second group after 2 (approved) messages. It means your moderators need to monitor the forums for posts by new users, but you won't get the same level of visible spam.

thanks
DAVID

Sorry, I was replying off the top of my head. In a standard installation there isn't a permission to post URLs, but as your newbie group has all posts moderated I don't think that's much of an issue.