MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I create page 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think MyBB was designed for 100+ subforums. Is there a way for you to reclassify the forums?
(2018-02-12, 05:40 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think MyBB was designed for 100+ subforums.  Is there a way for you to reclassify the forums?

What do you mean by reclassify the forums?

Edit:

No I can't reduce them

Surely there has to be an easy way to add new pages for sub forums? Say a new page for each 50?
MyBB was written to paginate forums with massive lists of threads, but no thought was taken for what to do when there are so many sub-forums. This is something a plugin cannot rectify, so changing core files would be necessary

When I asked about reclassifying the sub-forums, I meant is there a way to divide them into smaller groups?
(2018-02-12, 08:29 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB was written to paginate forums with massive lists of threads, but no thought was taken for what to do when there are so many sub-forums. This is something a plugin cannot rectify, so changing core files would be necessary

When I asked about reclassifying the sub-forums, I meant is there a way to divide them into smaller groups?

Thanks for the reply no I can't divide them into smaller groups.
You can write a pagination plugin. I remmener I wrote something for the forum team page so it shouldn't be too difficult to do. Both, this and your other question, should be achievable by plugins.