MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any way to resend emails from System Email log?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I had a misconfiguration in mailing system and some emails couldn't be sent, is there any way to resend those that gave error which are showing in the System Email log? I'm using smtp.
There's nothing built in to retry emails at the moment I'm afraid.
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "global.php";
$query = $db->simple_select("mailerrors", "*");
while($row = $db->fetch_array($query))
{
my_mail($row['toaddress'], $row['subject'], $row['message'], $row['fromaddress']);
}

Create a file in the same directory as your forum and put that content into it. Then navigate to the page you just created and it should send the emails.
(2018-02-12, 08:20 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "global.php";
$query = $db->simple_select("mailerrors", "*");
while($row = $db->fetch_array($query))
{
my_mail($row['toaddress'], $row['subject'], $row['message'], $row['fromaddress']);
}

Create a file in the same directory as your forum and put that content into it.  Then navigate to the page you just created and it should send the emails.

Awesome! working perfect , thank you!
(2018-02-12, 06:46 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing built in to retry emails at the moment I'm afraid.

Should be added to dev list eventually. Low priority but needed for when activation emails fail.
I agree with you labrocca.
(2018-02-12, 08:49 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-12, 06:46 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing built in to retry emails at the moment I'm afraid.

Should be added to dev list eventually. Low priority but needed for when activation emails fail.

I agree. A scheduled task, with a setting for max attempts to send an email before hard error would be very useful. It would also be useful to notify administrators with some kind of notice if they have mail errors stacking up as this can indicate a problem.
Can we get this yet?
I’ll push this to GitHub, but not sure when we’ll fit it in.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3105

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Pages: 1 2