MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Import old theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I inherited a site with a myBB forum that had crashed catastrophically. The mySQL database was corrupted and not repairable.

The old admin didn't make any backup of the themes or layout. I DO have the old file+folder structure which appears to be ok.

How do I import a theme without a .zip or proper theme file?
Can I just zip a few of the old folders and then point the forum at them and tell it to import? If so which ones?

fyi: dropping the complete old structure into the ./www/{site}/ directory creates a webserver error saying site not redirecting correctly.

-Brian
theme stylesheets & templates are stored in the database.

is the corrupt database still available (live or backup) ?
if backup is available then what is its approximate size ?
(2018-02-16, 02:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]theme stylesheets & templates are stored in the database.

is the corrupt database still available (live or backup) ?
if backup is available then what is its approximate size ?

Nope the database is a complete loss. The old admin had zero backups.

-Brian
^ sorry. can't get back the theme from forum source files ..
(unless theme's zip / xml file was uploaded to files server)
Well good news I found an old testing database that appears to be usable: here are the results of a SELECT * FROM mybb_themes:

+-----+-------------------+-----+-----+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------+
| tid | name | pid | def | properties | stylesheets | allowedgroups |
+-----+-------------------+-----+-----+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------+
| 1 | MyBB Master Style | 0 | 0 | a:7:{s:11:"templateset";i:-2;s:6:"imgdir";s:6:"images";s:4:"logo";s:15:"images/logo.png";s:10:"tablespace";s:1:"5";s:11:"borderwidth";s:1:"0";s:11:"editortheme";s:8:"mybb.css";s:9:"disporder";a:7:{s:10:"global.css";i:1;s:10:"usercp.css";i:2;s:9:"modcp.css";i:3;s:16:"star_ratings.css";i:4;s:14:"showthread.css";i:5;s:17:"thread_status.css";i:6;s:8:"css3.css";i:7;}} | a:8:{s:6:"global";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/global.css";i:1;s:28:"cache/themes/theme1/css3.css";}}s:10:"usercp.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";i:1;s:37:"cache/themes/theme1/thread_status.css";}}s:11:"usercp2.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";}}s:11:"private.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";}}s:9:"modcp.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:29:"cache/themes/theme1/modcp.css";}}s:16:"forumdisplay.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:36:"cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css";i:1;s:37:"cache/themes/theme1/thread_status.css";}}s:14:"showthread.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:36:"cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css";i:1;s:34:"cache/themes/theme1/showthread.css";}}s:10:"search.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:37:"cache/themes/theme1/thread_status.css";}}} | all |
| 9 | Matecraft Light | 1 | 1 | a:8:{s:11:"templateset";i:8;s:11:"editortheme";s:8:"mybb.css";s:6:"imgdir";s:13:"images/flatty";s:4:"logo";s:22:"images/flatty/logo.png";s:10:"tablespace";i:5;s:11:"borderwidth";i:0;s:5:"color";N;s:9:"disporder";a:7:{s:10:"global.css";i:1;s:8:"css3.css";i:2;s:16:"star_ratings.css";i:3;s:17:"thread_status.css";i:4;s:14:"showthread.css";i:5;s:10:"usercp.css";i:6;s:9:"modcp.css";i:7;}} | a:8:{s:6:"global";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:28:"cache/themes/theme9/css3.css";i:1;s:30:"cache/themes/theme9/global.css";}}s:16:"forumdisplay.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:36:"cache/themes/theme9/star_ratings.css";i:1;s:37:"cache/themes/theme9/thread_status.css";}}s:14:"showthread.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:36:"cache/themes/theme9/star_ratings.css";i:1;s:34:"cache/themes/theme9/showthread.css";}}s:10:"usercp.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:37:"cache/themes/theme9/thread_status.css";i:1;s:30:"cache/themes/theme9/usercp.css";}}s:10:"search.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:37:"cache/themes/theme9/thread_status.css";}}s:11:"usercp2.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme9/usercp.css";}}s:11:"private.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme9/usercp.css";}}s:9:"modcp.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:29:"cache/themes/theme9/modcp.css";}}} | all |
^ fine Smile hopefully you can retrieve required theme's templates & stylesheets and use for the new forum.