MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I Want To Start My Own Atheist Forum...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, you may be familiar with me from other forums, and I have been kicked from many places including: atheistforums.org, atheistforums.com, christianforums.com, and sciforums.com.

I'm thinking about making my own forum that has a better stance on the concept of "Freedom of Speech", which internet forums are not obligated to follow, since they're private entities.

But, my forum will have a better placement on free speech and will not be an echo chamber with a pool of sameness but rather a platform full of diverse opinions, whether you are a liberal, conservative, atheist, agnostic, Satanist, Christian, etc...

But, the problem is.... I just don't know where to start, to be honest... I mean, it seems like a lot of work trying to set everything up, getting a competent staff, programming, etc... I really need help with this to kickstart this project.

I know it isn't going to be easy, but the best thing to do is to at least TRY.

Now, I'm going to describe some details about this forum down here so that y'all can guide me:

* Name: theatheistforums.com or theatheistforums.org (Note: I put "the" in the domain name, since both of those are already taken)

* Purpose: Like I said before, a place where atheists, theists, and agnostics can express their views without worrying about excessive censorship.

* Creation Date: Sometime during 2018 or 2019, I guess. (I'm not exactly sure how long this is gonna take, to be honest)

* Logo: I haven't came up with one yet, but I'll try to be professional & creative about it.

* Rules: There will be a good, reasonable set of rules on the forum; not too many rules nor too little rules.

And those are all the details I can put forward right now.... I hope y'all can help me with this, since I have never done anything like this before....

Also, another thing is: how much will it cost to keep the servers up per month? I mean, I don't have a high paying job, so if it costs money, then I think I'm gonna have to put this project on hold for awhile....

Any help, please?
basically a forum can be setup within a day.
in general, a domain name costs 12$ per year & basic web hosting can be for 60$ per year

a free forum can be setup at IcyBoards MyBB Hosting
(it has some restrictions - custom plugins can not be installed & database backup is not free .. etc)
(2018-02-17, 10:51 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically a forum can be setup within a day.
in general, a domain name costs 12$ per year & basic web hosting can be for 60$ per year

a free forum can be setup at IcyBoards MyBB Hosting
(it has some restrictions - custom plugins can not be installed & database backup is not free .. etc)

But what about the admins & stuff?... How do I gather up a competent team of people to moderate my forum?
^ you can request help here ; if you use IcyBoards then you can request on their support forums ..
<- snip ->
Can anyone help me here, please?