MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum resurrection failed upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
soooo, its been a long time in the works, and a long time coming, but I'm finally Resurrection my forum that was running mybb 1.8.4, and upon upgrading, the data is there according to the admin cp, but the forums are not, when you try to browse any of the forums, you get a not found page error as the result of clicking on one of the boards of the old site while somehow the data has been confirmed by a friend reading the raw sql data, as existing....so....is anyone able to help me fix this dead-ish Resurrection attempt??

www.caffeinejunkiesinc.com if you want to take a look for yourself as to whats going wrong and see if you can help me pinpoint how to fix this

as always, thank you all who help out on this wonderful community and make this place so awesome...it has been a huge pleasure to use the mybb forum software because of all of you wonderful people here willing to help me and others out when help is needed...thank you all

it might be helpful to mention I imported an old database backup, and that's the basis for what I'm recovering the sites data from.....I have no idea honestly if that's a problem but it just dawned on me that might be useful information for someone trying to help me fix this, as far as the rest of the site goes, I did a clean upload of the latest mybb installation files and upgraded the database of the old site backup.
your MyBB forum files server's main folder has a file named htaccess.txt - you have to rename it as .htaccess

OR navigate to below location on the forum admin panel

forum admin panel >> configuration (Settings) >> Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs?
--> set to disabled and save the settings
I totally overlooked those and feel stupid, however, unless the changes of those take time to reflect vs the point the change was made to the point the real world/internet sees those changes, that fix did not work....I'm hoping that there's the equivalent of dns propagation time for these changes to correlate, but if not, then that did not fix the issue sadly. time will tell in the meantime and I will wait patiently and report back if nothing changes in 30 minutes time.