MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator went Rogue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Sadly I had a super mod that went rogue and did an exit scam to my community. I am afraid he also had access to info such as IP addresses if he logged into moderator control panel. Is there a log that I can access to see if he accessed it at all? Really important that I figure out if he logged into the control panel because on the forums it does not show IP info.

Thanks
Assume he did everything evil imaginable and prepare for that.

The ACP of MyBB is not secure. The permission system has exploits.
(2018-02-26, 03:02 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Assume he did everything evil imaginable and prepare for that.  

The ACP of MyBB is not secure.  The permission system has exploits.

He had 0 access to ACP. He was a mod so only had MCP access. But is there a log that would let me know if he accessed it or not?
basically moderator logs can be checked at the forum admin panel
[available at Tools & Maintenance section of forum admin panel]

web host panel might be having access logs.
they can be checked by using IP address ...
however that could be rather a complex process.
(2018-02-26, 04:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically moderator logs can be checked at the forum admin panel
[available at Tools & Maintenance section of forum admin panel]

web host panel might be having access logs.
they can be checked by using IP address ...  
however that could be rather a complex process.

I checked those logs and it shows all the actions done on the forum like deleting posts and what not. But I am wondering if I can check that a mod has actually accessed the mod control panel?
(2018-02-27, 12:16 AM)adrdemon Wrote: [ -> ]But I am wondering if I can check that a mod has actually accessed the mod control panel?

There's no login procedure for the MCP, so I suspect not.