MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb 3.1 merge issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen questions posted that have come close to my issue, but nothing that has ever been resolved.

I'm trying to migrate a phpBB 3.1.x forum on one server to MyBB on another server. I've set the software up as directed, created an administrator user and logged in as administrator. I can run the merge utility and can get everything to port over correctly. Where I run into problems is when I try to import the Avatar and Attachments folders, I get an error message for both that says I can't read the directory (I assume it means the source directory). I've run the merge utility multiple time using different browsers and different machines. I've changed the url in the In the field where it says it's looking including a url to a local folder on my computer. Every time, i get the same error message. Has anyone else experienced this same issue that might shed some light on a possible fix?

The install seems complete when I open the forum. All posts, users, permissions, threads are there. All the avatars and attachments are missing, of course. Don't mind tell the users to re download new avatars but missing attachments is a deal breaker.

Thanks.

[attachment=39969]
have you tried using the system path as suggested ..
Yeah, the fix was using the absolute path. Had tried this approach initially but it didn't seem to work for some reason. It tried it again a bit ago and it wants to work fine now. Maybe I didn't have the right path before... who knows, this is all voodoo anyway.

Thanks for the input.