MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: API plugin compatible with Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I'm looking into developing a plugin which fetches financial data through GET API. It will be simple and based on JSON strings that are easier to parse.

I work for a financial consumer platform and our goal is to integrate the price charts within the MyBB software itself. We think it would enhance the customer value of our site.

Does anyone of you have any suggestions on what would be the most efficient way of doing this? I'm still new to Mybb, although I have some experience coding. 

The website I'm looking at is called xn--billigeforbruksln-orb.no (have not launched mybb yet). I also found this old thread, but as the dev pointed out it's pretty outdated: https://community.mybb.com/thread-113582.html

Thanks  Smile
So are you trying to pull data from an existing API to show inside a page in MyBB? If so, that should be pretty simple qith a fairly small MyBB plugin. If you're trying to get data out of MyBB into another web site or program, you'll also need a MyBB plugin to create new API pages that provide the data.
(2018-02-28, 08:20 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]So are you trying to pull data from an existing API to show inside a page in MyBB? If so, that should be pretty simple qith a fairly small MyBB plugin. If you're trying to get data out of MyBB into another web site or program, you'll also need a MyBB plugin to create new API pages that provide the data.

Yes, precisely. 

I'm attempting to fetch financial API data that can be directly transferred into a Mybb through JSON. The key is to embed the data within the interface itself..if that makes sense. Getting the API data shouldn't be too hard with Get commands. Do you have any pre-existing plugins to recommend?
(2018-03-01, 03:56 AM)Webtech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-28, 08:20 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]So are you trying to pull data from an existing API to show inside a page in MyBB? If so, that should be pretty simple qith a fairly small MyBB plugin. If you're trying to get data out of MyBB into another web site or program, you'll also need a MyBB plugin to create new API pages that provide the data.

Yes, precisely. 

I'm attempting to fetch financial API data that can be directly transferred into a Mybb through JSON. The key is to embed the data within the interface itself..if that makes sense. Getting the API data shouldn't be too hard with Get commands. Do you have any pre-existing plugins to recommend?

There's aren't any plugins that I can think of off the top of my head, but at the simplest level you could just add a new custom page, and use the fetch_remote_file function to get the JSON data.
(2018-03-01, 02:51 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-01, 03:56 AM)Webtech Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, precisely. 

There's aren't any plugins that I can think of off the top of my head, but at the simplest level you could just add a new custom page, and use the fetch_remote_file function to get the JSON data.

OK. Well thank you. I haven't found anything yet either, so this seems to be the only option.