MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New user registration broken after upgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure what the target action of filling out the registration forum is supposed to be but as i'm testing this upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 when i walk through a test registration I fill out the fields and submit it and I get this errpr on the top of the next screen:

/public_html/forums/inc/languages/english/user_avatar_gallery.lang.php does not exist

So I logged into an existing account and I notice the avatar gallery wasn't there. It is installed and working on the v1.6 site so I jumped onto Extend site and grabbed the version for 1.8 and installed the plugin and verifies it works with the existing account...

Well that same error comes up and I notice in the 1.8 plugin's upload files that in the ./inc/languages/english directory the only file is avatargallery.lang.php and then there is a further subdirectory named admin that has user_avatar_gallery.lang.php in it.

Seeing as how the plugin itself is working I'm wondering how the registration process would be getting this info and how I can fix it. The account still get's created and sits awaiting activation by an admin but s failed page isn't how I'd like users to be greeted after applying.

Any idea?
temporary fix :
copy user_avatar_gallery.lang.php file from ~/inc/english/admin folder to ~/inc/english/ folder
Temporary... as in a permanent solution exists? This is all testing now so I'm not any extreme hurry.

Do you know where this redirection filename is coming from?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I forgot to disable that plugin when I upgraded.

Thanks,
gmO