MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrate SharedHost 1.8.13 -> VPS 1.8.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently on shared hosting  with Mybb 1.8.13 and I'm building a VPS. I can build either Mybb 1.8.13 or 1.8.14.

It seems to me that it would be better (assuming I'm able) to upgrade the Shared Hosting to 1.8.14 and migrate the database tables and code to the VPS.

But, if I can't, is the next best alternative to install 1.8.13 on my VPS, restore the shared hosting database and code to the VPS and then upgrade the VPS to 1.8.14?

Will I need to do any extra steps since I have several themes (my users love that) and more than a few plugins?

My VPS is running Ubuntu 16.04 64bit.
It really doesn't matter what order you do things in. At the end of the day, as long as the database and files get moved over, the upgrade will run the same way.

As for the themes bit: no. As long as you move all of your files over and the database, things should work exactly as they have before.
(2018-03-03, 12:45 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]It really doesn't matter what order you do things in. At the end of the day, as long as the database and files get moved over, the upgrade will run the same way.

As for the themes bit: no. As long as you move all of your files over and the database, things should work exactly as they have before.

Thanks.
It's all working fine.