MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error of Access Denied destroys ALL Desktop images, Mobile remains in-tact
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After receiving an error of Permission Denied, I modified it as so just to get it to work, since uploading an xml file didn't want to work.

Now, I'm stuck with the data just starting over. Desktop and Mobile no longer syncs. Refreshing cache did nothing.

I'm annoyed because THIS was the same exact issue I had with phpBB!

Can someone help me out here?
====
In specifics:
I intended to import a theme. I upload an xml file. So things go fine for a minute until I'm directed to an Access Denied error. I go on and fix it in the FTP server, then it returns back ALL on Desktop nothing had been done. All backups, forum boards, custom ranks and settings; gone.

MyBB Version: 1.8.14
php Version: 5.6.33
SQL Engine Version: MySQLi 10.2.13
I would guess this to be an issue with your server as the same thing happens with different software .. check with your host
Determined it was the host.

It has happened twice. There will be a potential lawsuit against them, especially because they refuse to disclose errors about forum hosting.
===
We also lost our database backups. Rebuilding will be a very long while.
(2018-03-04, 11:21 PM)Xyaena Wrote: [ -> ]There will be a potential lawsuit against them, especially because they refuse to disclose errors about forum hosting.

Ha. This is the best thing I've read in weeks.
(2018-03-05, 12:04 AM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]wonder why https://behind.asperger.net.au/ fails ?

We're currently dealing with a service offline event (following a Denial of Service attack on Thursday, we're taking the opportunity to harden things up a little). We're also shifting that domain into part of our existing website. Thanks for asking.