MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I saw this software and had a question before I'll pick it as my forum's software.
I noticed that the software is free. where does all my data is saved?
What data are we talking about? Your forums or the MyBB site? Because the MyBB site will just save a cookie to store your login or things like threads, posts, logs will be saved to the database.

“Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer.”

What data your forum data? I believe it’s saved to your forums database. Post, threads, & logs, etc... will be saved to your forums database.
I mean, the users information and forum posts, for example.
That’s stored in the database. I believe user profile pictures are stored in the /uploads folder in your forums root unsure about that tho.
(2018-03-04, 10:25 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]I believe user profile pictures are stored in the /uploads folder in your forums root unsure about that tho.

/uploads/avatars
MyBB is a forum software which is installed on individual servers. The MyBB Group does not have access to data from other forums running this software.