MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Search/Filter + Profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here is the idea about what i want to try and do.

Basically i want to have a database of players and teams. A sort of looking and finding feature by inputting in certain criteria and searching it.

So a user will signup and that username will be then classed as a "player" within the community. 

With that i want to have custom fields that they can fill out in their player/forum profile, fields, drop downs and so forth. 

Alongside that i want to have those players if they wish to create a "team". Either by creating an ad or custom page. This team will have custom fields aswell that they fill in what that team is about.

From there i want to have players do a search for custom options to what suites them for a team and it will narrow it down to what they are looking for so filtering certain criterias. 

This also then applies to teams. Searching and filtering for player search by inputting certain option filters to bring up players with said criteria. 

When found either team or player they can do normal PM or look at the other contact details within the profile.

So user John makes a profile. He automatically is classed as a player. He then goes to his profile and fields in his player profile adding location, time, interests, type of player, contact details and so on.

He then goes and wants to look in the meantime a team that suites his style so he goes to team search and then puts in filters and other search options to bring up a list o lf teams by narrowing it down to suite his needs. He then clicks on the team and it will bring it to a custom page with details about said team.

Now with the team lets say John just signed up and his the leader of a team. He wants to add a team to the database. He goes and creates team and it will create a custom page for his team by inputting custom fields and maybe a logo image outling what his team is about. 

From there he wants to search the playerbase so he goes to search playerbase and inputs the filter search settings and puts in what he is looking for in a player then can narrownit down and then contacting them.

In short i think i need three things. A advanced search option that is customisable a profile to have custom fields and a place where the user can create their own custom page that can be searched for.

Hope that helps!

Is anyone able to build something like this for paid work?

Thanks

Many thanks!