MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Massmail not sending automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Community,

today i wanted to test the massmail feature of MyBB. I ended up configuring a job for all "registered" users (about 350 users) and wanted to send them a statusupdate about my forum. I started the sendingprocess and it just went to Status - waiting.
After waiting about 30 Minutes, i started the Job manually from ACP -> Taskmanagement -> "Mass Mail". (translated from my self, i am using the german translation).

He then started sending the first "14 %" out. (Worked well!) but then stopped and did nothing. The task said "next run" on today 13:15, which was the next time i configured, but it stuck at it. On 14:20 it still said next run 13:15.

Can it be that the schedule is bugged or have i configure something wrong? The System E-Mail Log said nothing (empty). I actually got no "error" message, he just didnt move on sending the next "package" of mails out.

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my poor english!

Best Regards
Towerplease
mass mails through forum task might not work as expected.

perhaps it would be better to use server cron job for the mass mailing.
see related brief guidance here
(2018-03-08, 04:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]mass mails through forum task might not work as expected.

perhaps it would be better to use server cron job for the mass mailing.
see related brief guidance here

Thank you very much for you response.

Just good to know Smile