MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bitcoin Price Plugin - MyBB - In Dev
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2018-12-17, 05:40 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bad plugin to use.

https://github.com/Admixing/CryptoPrice-...oprice.php

1. No cache of the prices.
2. Does a file_get_contents on EVERY SINGLE PAGE LOAD because it hooks into global_start.
3. It should use fetch_remote_file(), a default MyBB function,  instead of file_get_contents().

That plugin should NOT be used. A good plugin will have a setting to put the prices into $cache from a task in set intervals which might be 1 minute or maybe 5-10 minutes.  What this plugin does is load every single time any page loads.  Very bad.

I don't have that issue with my custom plugin (not Nasyr's) that I mentioned in post #7. The task intervals are set for 5 minutes. 

I've been using that plugin since September 2018 and works great.
(2018-12-18, 12:38 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-17, 05:40 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bad plugin to use.

https://github.com/Admixing/CryptoPrice-...oprice.php

1. No cache of the prices.
2. Does a file_get_contents on EVERY SINGLE PAGE LOAD because it hooks into global_start.
3. It should use fetch_remote_file(), a default MyBB function,  instead of file_get_contents().

That plugin should NOT be used. A good plugin will have a setting to put the prices into $cache from a task in set intervals which might be 1 minute or maybe 5-10 minutes.  What this plugin does is load every single time any page loads.  Very bad.

I don't have that issue with my custom plugin (not Nasyr's) that I mentioned in post #7. The task intervals are set for 5 minutes. 

I've been using that plugin since September 2018 and works great.

Basically this plugin is still in development, anyone can create a PR and fix any issues.
Smile
Is it still working? I input that tag into header template and doesn't show anything
Pages: 1 2