MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop email sending to a certain user?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way for an admin to disable all email sending to a user on their forum while still allowing password resets? Currently the only way I see is changing their email.
Can you give us more details on what you want to do? Do you want to disable registrations? Do you want to stop users sending emails to each other?
(2018-03-13, 04:32 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give us more details on what you want to do? Do you want to disable registrations? Do you want to stop users sending emails to each other?

A user submitted a spam complaint to SendGrid due to new reply notifications. I want to disable their ability to receive new reply notifications.
users can opt to not receive emails from administrator (user cp option)

perhaps its better to make a new user group & disable email notifications.

that needs to be done by using SQL queries and templates edits
[may be by using template conditionals] [eg. see replies here]
(2018-03-14, 03:58 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]users can opt to not receive emails from administrator (user cp option)

perhaps its better to make a new user group & disable email notifications.

that needs to be done by using SQL queries and templates edits
[may be by using template conditionals] [eg. see replies here]

Can I make a group of users who are not allowed to get emails? If so how would I do this?
You could create a new group and configure the group to receive no emails by default (I think?)
(2018-03-14, 06:30 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]You could create a new group and configure the group to receive no emails by default (I think?)

I'd like to block the groups ability to receive any emails. So they can't opt into the emails.