MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Extend] Ability to Delete/Archive Projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Introduction
I was recently talking to Euan T in regards to having submissions from the Extend website removed. He was shocked to have realised that project owners don't actually have the ability to remove their own projects. We can hide them yes, but not remove them.

My Suggestion
I believe that an option should be there to delete projects if you are the owner of the project. Otherwise at least have the ability to Archive them. If Archiving was in place it would not show on the users profile when seeing their Projects. So an example is you click my profile then View All. A button should be at the top saying View Archived Projects.

Screenshot Example
[Image: lYUMpUa.png]
That would be a nice feature to have I don’t know why they don’t have a delete button.
(2018-03-15, 10:01 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]That would be a nice feature to have I don’t know why they don’t have a delete button.

Asset preservation.

A designer / developer can not be so swing minded to delete a project after submission. Once it is submitted (specially in case of open source) somehow it is property / asset of base software. You can take steps to not show to public, but can not completely wipe trace once it is submitted for future reference of the base team members. You were sane when you submitted your resource, what went drastically wrong?

Thats my point of view.
What is the point of archiving if users can still see the projects ?
(2018-03-16, 05:56 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What is the point of archiving if users can still see the projects ?

Reference. With an indication that the project is not maintained / supported anymore, or abandoned for some compatibility or non-standard issues ...
As this is open-source platform this can be referenced / taken inspiration from / or whatever good possible reason for a fresh or existing work ...
(2018-03-16, 06:18 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-16, 05:56 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What is the point of archiving if users can still see the projects ?

Reference. With an indication that the project is not maintained / supported anymore, or abandoned for some compatibility or non-standard issues ...
As this is open-source platform this can be referenced / taken inspiration from / or whatever good possible reason for a fresh or existing work ...

In general concept of not being supported anymore sums it up perfectly. This would allow designers and developers to keep their showcase updated and showing what's supported.
(2018-03-16, 04:01 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-15, 10:01 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]That would be a nice feature to have I don’t know why they don’t have a delete button.

Asset preservation.

A designer / developer can not be so swing minded to delete a project after submission. Once it is submitted (specially in case of open source) somehow it is property / asset of base software. You can take steps to not show to public, but can not completely wipe trace once it is submitted for future reference of the base team members. You were sane when you submitted your resource, what went drastically wrong?

Thats my point of view.

It has nothing to do with one's sanity.

Why are you implying that sanity has anything to do with submitting a project?

Things change over time and so do the needs of users and developers.
Deleting a project or archiving a project should be an option for the original author of the project.

Why deny the original author's option to delete or archive their own project? Regardless if it's open source or not.

Your reference to one's sanity is offensive and not cool.
I think you offended yourself with his use of the word "sanity". By design deletion of content shouldn't be that easy nor a priority (this case). That is it.
(2018-03-30, 12:59 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Your reference to one's sanity is offensive and not cool.

Wow!!!
For your kind information the word sanity not always represents unhealthy mental state. I can never call my fellow friends lunatic.
Sanity, in fact sometimes mean "the fact of showing good judgement and understanding".

Time to have a literature class apart from coding? Not with me? Well well, "Cambridge" is your friend:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction...ish/sanity