MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to 1.8.15 From 1.8.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I uploaded all the files from the 'Changed Files' folder to my 'public_html' folder and tried to go into the /install part but i get this:

MyBB Internal Error:
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)

Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I have made sure that I uploaded all the files and had went through every single file and individually uploaded the files and still getting this error. PLEASE HELP
^ what happens if you directly try executing upgrade.php ?
( i.e. use forumURL/install/upgrade.php in the browser )

basically, server error log needs to be checked to trace cause of internal server error.
it should be available at the control panel of your web host.

(can't provide further help right now. its late midnight for me)
(2018-03-16, 06:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ what happens if you directly try executing upgrade.php ?
( i.e. use forumURL/install/upgrade.php in the browser )

basically, server error log needs to be checked to trace cause of internal server error.
it should be available at the control panel of your web host.

(can't provide further help right now. its late midnight for me)

Nothing when I go to that exact part... and my webhost has a lengthy history of giving incorrect error logs so idk what to do Sad
I'm a bit confused here. Have you tried going to your domain www.domain.com/install/upgrade.php ?
(2018-03-16, 08:45 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit confused here. Have you tried going to your domain www.domain.com/install/upgrade.php ?

I did and it is now working. You guys need to specify in the installation guide to go to /install/upgrade.php cause thats huge...