MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some users can't download attachments in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good people of MyBB,

My site is http://headrushfans.com and I am using the current (as of three weeks ago) release of MyBB.

My issue is that some of my members (all registered users) are not able to download attachments from posts. One problematic thread is here

The users who are afflicted get the following message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
The only plugins I have installed are:

Google SEO 1.8.2
Tapatalk 4.5.8
Thank You / Like System 2.1.0

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Chris
This is most likely because the group doesn’t have permission to download attachments to fix this go to

Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> * Group Name * -> Forums and Posts

Check the box that says Can download attachments? and save and try.
Thanks Brian, I had previously done what you suggested (actually it was already set to those settings) before posting my issue. I searched and found a similar scenario and the same answer.

I'd already asked my users to check to see if that changed anything and it didn't. It has only affected two uses that I know of. Other than myself (the Admin) everyone else is in the same user group "Registered" -- both those who can and can't download attachments are users in that group.

Mysterious. Also, maybe related, whenever I make a change to any setting in "Groups" I get an error type 500, then I refresh the page and the setting I had made is as I made it. Not sure i that's a tip.

-C
exactly which version of MyBB you are using, can you tell us your php version ..
My BB = 1.8.1.4
PHP = 5.6.32

Thanks!
^ can you check latest entries of server error log to trace cause of error 500
[your web host panel should be having link to the error log]
[16-Mar-2018 14:37:41 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function array_column() in /home3/vizedana/public_html/headrushfans/admin/modules/user/groups.php on line 977
is given php version correct ? see replies here

regarding attachments download issue,
would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check
forum admin panel >> Configuration [Settings] >> Attachment Types >>
file extension [eg. --> .zip] --> options --> Edit --> Available to groups

select all groups except guests, awaiting activation, banned [CTRL + mouse click] & save

[see this image]

that fixes the referred problem for downloading zip type files

if users have downloading / viewing problem with other types of files then
you can try above suggested method for that file type of attachments
I've the same Issue I tried all the ways and no result Sad