MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Editing Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have tried to edit my Header Include to put my icon on the browser tab but when I put my code in and his save and continue editing or save and go back to listing my page goes blank and when i leave the page and go back to it my code disappears and i'm stuck in the same loop. Is there a fix.
Do you mean a favicon? You can use this code

<link rel='icon' href='favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon'/ >

Replace favicon.ico with the image path to your favicon.

If that doesn’t work can you paste your header include here please?
(2018-03-16, 10:17 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean a favicon? You can use this code

<link rel='icon' href='favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon'/ >

Replace favicon.ico with the image path to your favicon.

If that doesn’t work can you paste your header include here please?

when i try to edit my header include i get put to a blank page and thats what my post is about but, i had to install a code injector for the header include and it is fixed and my icon is showing. Do you know ho to eliminate having to have the /public_html at the end of my url... like my website right here: http://forums.unstoppablegamingnetwork.com but i have to have /public_html at the end of my url to use the forums
Your forum loading perfectly to me,even with a favicon.
If something wrong with you end you can try clearing your browsing data.

Regarding favicon, the provided code is not sufficient to cover all the devices a user can use. Sorry to say but seeing this solution being provided for many times which is incomplete. For including a proper favicon device wise declaration is required to be included, something like:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-57x57.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="60x60" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-60x60.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-72x72.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-76x76.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-114x114.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-120x120.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-144x144.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-152x152.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-180x180.png">
		<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="192x192"  href="image\favicon\android-icon-192x192.png">
		<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="image\favicon\favicon-32x32.png">
		<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="96x96" href="image\favicon\favicon-96x96.png">
		<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="image\favicon\favicon-16x16.png">
		<link rel="manifest" href="image\favicon\/manifest.json">
		<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#ffffff">
		<meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="/ms-icon-144x144.png">
		<meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">

with the linked resources uploaded in the proper path perfectly ...
(2018-03-17, 03:54 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum loading perfectly to me,even with a favicon.

Regarding favicon, the provided code is not sufficient to cover all the devices a user can use. Sorry to say but seeing this solution being provided for many times which is incomplete. For including a proper favicon device wise declaration is required to be included, something like:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-57x57.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="60x60" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-60x60.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-72x72.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-76x76.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-114x114.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-120x120.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-144x144.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-152x152.png">
		<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="image\favicon\apple-icon-180x180.png">
		<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="192x192"  href="image\favicon\android-icon-192x192.png">
		<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="image\favicon\favicon-32x32.png">
		<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="96x96" href="image\favicon\favicon-96x96.png">
		<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="image\favicon\favicon-16x16.png">

Oh sorry didn't know I was doing it wrong but now I know the right way thanks. You learn something new everyday even if it's basic stuff.
Its not wrong, Brian. I didn't say wrong. Your code is absolutely right, but is incomplete.
Don't take me 'wrong'.  Toungue
(2018-03-17, 03:54 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum loading perfectly to me,even with a favicon.

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="192x192"  href="image\favicon\android-icon-192x192.png">

Thats what I told Brian its fine now but my only problem is I cant use the forums without have the /public_html path at the end of the url.