MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem to update MyBB from cPanel softaculous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, about 2 months ago my forum shifted into new host but i can't found installation script on softaculous => All installations.

so how could i update MyBB to latest version?
using automatic installations & automatic updates are NOT recommended.
please update manually. related guidance => MyBB upgrading
We don’t recommend using anything that can automated the MyBB installation or updating.

Make sure to create a database backup, file backup, and disable all plugins before updating.

1. Download MyBB 1.8.X here. Extract them from the ZIP folder. You will only need the Upload folder.

2. Select all files and folders from the Upload folder and upload them to your MyBB root directory. Those files must overwrite any existent ones!

3. Once the upload is complete, open your MyBB forums and then add in front of the URL: /install

Example :
http://domain.com/install

4. Choose the option Upgrade to MyBB 1.8.X and select your previous version.

Finally once everything is done delete the install directory from your MyBB root.

Please also see Upgrade - MyBB Documentation
i have to use install thing again after upload latest version to public_html folder?
^ you can visit forumURL/install/upgrade.php & follow displayed instructions
(2018-03-24, 04:44 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can visit forumURL/install/upgrade.php & follow displayed instructions

Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue

Well i still haven't update my forum cause of busy but i'll now.

but my Mail system not working again, because i'm using old version? or another issue?
Quote:Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
is it not clear !
install folder has a file named lock - delete that file to upgrade forum.

most probably your mail system has nothing to do with MyBB version upgrade.
(2018-03-28, 04:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Error
is it not clear !
install folder has a file named lock - delete that file to upgrade forum.

most probably your mail system has nothing to do with MyBB version upgrade.

can you tell me permanent solution about this mail system?
I am following these directions, but early in the upgrade it did a check and I get: MyBB requires one or more suitable database extensions to be installed. Your server reported that none were available.

Requirements
PHP Version: 7.3.21
Supported DB Extensions: None <--- this is what is failing)
Supported Translation Extensions: Multi-Byte, iconv

I'd appreciate help deciphering what to do.

I was on 1.8.22 (I think) and tried an auto update to 1.8.24. The upgrade.php file was on my server but could not load. So I came here and uploaded all contents of the Upload directory (and feel like I probably lost my attachments on my forum). Then went to /install and proceeded only to get the error above that will not let me proceed.

EDIT: I went back to PHP 7.2.x and the issue was fixed. Doh.

Though, I lost my whole forum and it's a fresh new copy. That sucks. Years of class discussions lost. I learned a lesson the hard way.
The lesson is to make a back up. ;-)