MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View Forum Link gives "Forbidden"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am just trying to setup MyBB on my website on a third party hosting site (1&1).
The setup seems to have gone OK, but when I am in the Admin Control Panel and click the "View Forum" link next to "logout", the system can't reload the forum properly, I get :

"HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory."

The URL in the browser is the correct location for the forums on the website (with a trailing "/"

To get back to the forums, I have to append "index.php" to the URL

Any idea what I have to do to fix this please?

(In the Site Details configuration page, I have the board URL set to domain/board 
(no trailing "/")
If I add "/index.php" here, the board does not display properly, all formatting is lost)

regards
Dave
maybe it is because of your .htaccess
(2018-03-19, 06:03 PM)Mr.Kurd Wrote: [ -> ]maybe it is because of your .htaccess

Maybe it is - but what am I supposed to be looking for to fix it?

regards
Dave
So, no one can help with this then?

regards
Dave
do you have wordpress or other cms as main site ? what is your forum url ?
(2018-03-22, 11:16 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do you have wordpress or other cms as main site ? what is your forum url ?

Hi, thanks for helping . . . 

The main site is built on Microsoft WebExpression. The site is commercially hosted (by 1&1) using IIS.

The forum is at www.primrosebank.net/flashfloppy/index.php

(There may be some sort of .htaccess issue as to get to the forum, you need to add the "index.php" bit to the forum url , which I don't think should be required? - .htaccess and other web config files are pretty new to me)

regards
Dave
looks like referred forum link issue has been fixed.
not sure if your IIS server uses .htaccess file

reg. index.php : there is a mis-configuration.
forum home page should load without using index.php in the URL

please see few search results & contact your host for fixing configuration.
It may be that DirectoryIndex was misconfigured.
Hi guys

It seems that the issue was with a file called web.config, which, in IIS,, is used to define the index pages that are served. I could not edit the web.config file in the root of my webspace, it was flagged as “in use”, possibly because IIS was running. I could not get any help from my ISP in editing it, but was able to create a new file in the myBB home directory.

I was able to add index.php to the rest of the index files (index.htm, default.htm, etc.) and the problem is now resolved

Regards
Dave