MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: where can i change language variables?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to change "Search..." in the quick search field to another language.
Where can i find it?  Or can i edit it in the theme(templates)?
You could either change it in the global language files, or the easier way would be templates > header > header_quicksearch, then add or change the "placeholder" to something like this:
placeholder="Search term..."
Where can i find these language files? I´ve searched without goal.

And what i have to add in the header_quicksearch template?
toplinks_search = " Search term..." doesn´t run.
Sorry i´m new in such things.
if the referred theme is available on your forum then post your forum url so that someone can check it ..

header_quicksearch template consists of the quick search code. it might have code like below
<input name="keywords" type="text" class="search-textbox" placeholder="Search" />
if such code exists with placeholder="Search .." then you can change "Search .." to your language
(2018-03-20, 11:56 AM)nubi007 Wrote: [ -> ]Where can i find these language files? I´ve searched without goal.

And what i have to add in the header_quicksearch template?
toplinks_search = " Search term..." doesn´t run.
Sorry i´m new in such things.

I just double checked the default templates and language files and I don't think it is actually there. The default template doesn't have a placeholder, therefore there wont be a language file for it. The theme your using must have added the placeholder in the templates, use the instructions above to change the placeholder to your desired language, however this wont change when someone changed the language in the footer.
At the moment its only local. Its a lot of work to do.

Thats inside header_quicksearch
						<form action="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" method="post">
						<fieldset id="search">
							<input name="keywords" type="text" class="textbox" />
							<input value="{$lang->search_button}" type="submit" class="button" />
							<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
							<input type="hidden" name="postthread" value="1" />
						</fieldset>
						</form>
And see attachet screenshot.
Found it per FF Inspector.
Don´t know if that is important because there a test of "Search..."
Can you post your header template too? I dont think it is using the {$quicksearch} variable.

From screenshot posted above, if that code is in the header template change the:
value="Search..."
To your chosen language, same with the "Search..." in the onfocus, and onblur parts.
Hell....i found it....fantastic.
Many many thanks

Now i have only to change frome awesome fonts back to icons...than i´m happy....