MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting up my server with myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I already downloaded php, mysql, and mybb but now what do i do? Im very confused... Any help will be nice.

Use a more appropriate title please - k776
From what I hear, you'll need apache too! Download that. And phpMyAdmin will also be very usefull!
ok now what? how do i make a forum?
Put the php files in

/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forum directory name/

or on windows

C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\forum directory name\\

Then go to http://localhost/forum directory name/install/

Follow the directions....
I assume you on windows? Having never done this, its just a guideline. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. (expanding from what nakile said)

Set everything up to say C:\www\html\ then create say C:\www\html\Forum\ and put all files in the upload folder of the zip into that folder.

Go to c:\www\admin\phpMyAdmin\ and create a DB table called forum or myBB or something.

Go to c:\www\html\Forum\inc\ and right click both settings.php and config.php and make sure all the boxes are ticked in the permissions area of the box.

Now to install. In a browser, probably the default windows one, go to c:\www\html\Forum\install\ and follow the instructions provided.

Then finally remove the install folder. You should now be able to go to c:\www\html\Forum\ and see you forum.

Getting that forum to show to anyone on the net is another story.

P.S: If you were on linux, things would be so much eaiser!
Im installing apache right now, it says enter your server's information. I dont have a server though...what kind of website do i have to make?

God i hate Windows. Next time i buy a computer ill remember to get Linux.
Quote:Use a more appropriate title please - k776
Not to mention that there is already a thread about this (again with a poor title) by the same user Rolleyes
Re: Matt's post (I can call you that right?), I closed the other thread an linked to this one! osted multiple thread with a title that oringally was ... is annoying. leet, I understand you want to setup your server, and in no way wish to offend, but please dont do that in the future. Please.

Anyway. Theres a member here that runs a hosting service. Everything you need to host websites, forums etc. Its hassle free and only requires 10 posts to get a free account! You can find it here: http://forums.ivolvehost.com/ ! Its a lot better than setting up your own server, especially on windows. If it were on linux, that would be a different story. Its a lot easier, and I know my way around it better.
sorry i didnt know you changed the title so i thought it didnt post. Sorry abot that.

Edit: Your link doesnt work k776
Pages: 1 2