MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ReCAPTCHA V1 Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even though v1 don't stop working until the end of March, but it seems to have stopped working already. When will MyBB be updated to work with v2?
MyBB already works with reCaptcha V2 ; which version of MyBB you are using ?
you may have to regenerate the keys for reCaptcha V2 & use them at the settings.

Edit: looks like you are using other forum system for your support forums !
may be you have come here by mistake ..
I think what he means is, for me to register for the mybb community (That's this forum), I got the text that v1 would stop being supported message as the capcha.. Infact I didn't fill out a capcha at all and was still able to register with no errors.
Quote:... didn't fill out a capcha at all and was still able to register with no errors
Thanks for your analysis. tested it twice on this community just now
it was not possible to register without entering the reCaptcha text.
using refresh button provides the reCaptcha text
(2018-03-22, 12:36 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB already works with reCaptcha V2 ; which version of MyBB you are using ?
you may have to regenerate the keys for reCaptcha V2 & use them at the settings.

Edit: looks like you are using other forum system for your support forums !
may be you have come here by mistake ..

Hi, 

I am using MyBB 1.8.15, I use MyBB 1.8.15 on all our forums. https://forums.reptiliapost2host.co.uk/

We also host www.lrrforums.org.uk and it is the same issues on that one. 

The Keys for reCaptcha is for V2 only as they were only generated last week. 

On another note, I have noticed that if you refresh the signup page or any other page with reCaptcha error it will sometimes show the correct image.

(2018-03-22, 04:00 PM)Daniel1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think what he means is, for me to register for the mybb community (That's this forum), I got the text that v1 would stop being supported message as the capcha.. Infact I didn't fill out a capcha at all and was still able to register with no errors.

The bug I posted was not for this Forum but, yes I to noticed the error when I entered my password incorrect on this forum. The page reloaded with a ReCaptcha with the V1 error. 

[Image: mybb.jpg]

I am sure it is a MyBB issue considering its happening on here too, but with that error it should not be allowing you to register even with the error it defies the purpose of ReCaptcha.
You need to change the reCaptcha type used in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting

You need to ensure that setting is set to "NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA" or "reCAPTCHA invisible". The old (v1) "reCAPTCHA" is going to be removed in MyBB 1.8.16 since it is being disabled by Google.

I've just checked the MyBB community (this forum) and it was set to use "reCAPTCHA", which is the old version. I've regenerated the API keys and switched it to "NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA", thanks for letting us know about the problem.
(2018-03-22, 07:04 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change the reCaptcha type used in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting

You need to ensure that setting is set to "NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA" or "reCAPTCHA invisible". The old (v1) "reCAPTCHA" is going to be removed in MyBB 1.8.16 since it is being disabled by Google.

I've just checked the MyBB community (this forum) and it was set to use "reCAPTCHA", which is the old version. I've regenerated the API keys and switched it to "NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA", thanks for letting us know about the problem.

Thanks