MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: square theme: change font?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to change the font in the header of our mybb square theme at caferadlab.com? I've read related forum questions/answers and tutorials and tried a few suggestions - change in css (advanced edit) and change in font style (simple mode) and nothing changed. I used google font identification (found through one of the mybb community forum discussions).

What can I do? Thank you!

n.b. currently we are testing out a new header and the text in the design overlays the css font style, I asked the designer to lose the text in the design, so, just ignore that, except note that that the design text font is what we'd like to see for our revised font.
basically .logo in square.css has font property. you can change the defined fonts & experiment ..
.logo {

for example, what besides "Exo 2" and if I want serif, do I just eliminate "sans" or?

I deleted sans- and that didn't change anything, but, right now Code is reviewing how the current design looks so I removed the css in the header.

I'm at https://fonts.google.com/specimen/IBM+Plex+Serif - would I simply replace Exo 2 sans-serif with IBM Plex Serif? (with relevant code attributes)
when a number of font families are listed for elements, priority is for the first
listed font
. if user's browser has access to that font family then it is rendered.

if first listed font is not available then second listed font is checked .. & so on.

see a few links listed below.
* 15 Best Web Safe HTML & CSS Fonts
* Common fonts to all versions of Windows & Mac equivalents
* CSS Fonts

you can also check fonts dropdown menu in your word processor (eg. MS Word)
Awesome thanks for the pointers!