MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change The Additional Contact Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to change these 2 input boxes in the UserCP.

AIM is dead as AOL closed it last year. 
Who uses ICQ anymore?

I like to change them to Discord and Twitter.

Can this be done without messing up the website?

I do not know anything about CSS and/or PHP. 

If you are giving instructions on how to change this, please be specific as possible! 

[Image: a48afb164650b1d8df0558ad4e55630c.png]
Go to Templates & Style in your admin panel. Select the template set for the theme you are using. Select User Control Panel Templates. You will want to edit the template called: usercp_profile_contact_fields

The contents look something like this:

<div class="tcat">{$lang->additional_contact_details}</div>
	{$contact_fields['icq']}
	{$contact_fields['aim']}
	{$contact_fields['yahoo']}
	{$contact_fields['skype']}
	{$contact_fields['google']}

Remove what you dont want, then save. I suggest trying it on your child theme or test theme first.

Hope this helps.
(2018-03-25, 02:19 AM)DocHoliday Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Templates & Style in your admin panel. Select the template set for the theme you are using. Select User Control Panel Templates. You will want to edit the template called: usercp_profile_contact_fields

The contents look something like this:

<div class="tcat">{$lang->additional_contact_details}</div>
	{$contact_fields['icq']}
	{$contact_fields['aim']}
	{$contact_fields['yahoo']}
	{$contact_fields['skype']}
	{$contact_fields['google']}

Remove what you dont want, then save. I suggest trying it on your child theme or test theme first.

Hope this helps.

It does help and I did find the template.

However, it does not help me with the labeling of the input boxes. Where is that part?
(2018-03-25, 10:25 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]labeling of the input boxes. Where is that part?

They are in language files (usercp.lang.php, member.lang.php and datahandler_user.lang.php for validation).
Note that MyBB will validate the ICQ field as number.
(2018-03-26, 11:05 AM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-25, 10:25 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]labeling of the input boxes. Where is that part?

They are in language files (usercp.lang.php, member.lang.php and datahandler_user.lang.php for validation).
Note that MyBB will validate the ICQ field as number.

I get the notion that those Additional Contact Information fields are part of the core files of MyBB software.

Is that true?
Obviously.
(2018-03-27, 02:01 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously.

Sorry... it wasn't so obvious to me.