MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP emails are not sending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my PHP e-mails are not sending and I tried the myBB test in the guide and that works. My php email is on on my host and I still had to manually verify accounts due to no email getting sent to activate account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

http://forum.northeastrides.com/index.php
Is there anything in the system mail log in ACP > Tools & Maintenance > System Mail Log?
(2018-03-25, 07:02 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything in the system mail log in ACP > Tools & Maintenance > System Mail Log?

Sorry! Didn't see this until now. But thanks for the response.

I checked in the System Mail Log and there was no errors in there. I found out that it wasn't working from a friend that registered and got no e-mail. Then, I tried it for myself and made a user and ended up getting no e-mail from that.
They do sometimes end up in your spam email. Did you check there?
(2018-03-30, 02:47 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]They do sometimes end up in your spam email. Did you check there?

Yes, I currently have 3 accounts all on different email domains waiting for activation. None of them have received any registration confirmation or any mass emails I've sent through the site.
Anyone else have an answer to this or any other places to look for an error or something? Thanks!
I had this once, turns out my host decided to stop the server from sending mail to prevent spammers....

and he NEVER told us, hence, that is why we now have our own server. Screw idiots like THAT host.
would you like to PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & web host control panel to check ..
(2018-04-01, 11:34 PM)kiwi1960 Wrote: [ -> ]I had this once, turns out my host decided to stop the server from sending mail to prevent spammers....

and he NEVER told us, hence, that is why we now have our own server. Screw idiots like THAT host.

This is a common practice. Saying 'screw idiots like that host' is in itself stupid.
(2018-04-02, 03:35 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]would you like to PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & web host control panel to check ..

I actually just figured it out - I had my cookies set to .forum.northeastrides.com and I changed it to .northeastrides.com and it's now sending the emails. But now I am getting an "invalid administration session" and cannot even do anything in the ACP now D:

EDIT: just cleared my cookies to fix invalid admin session. Thanks