MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My registration admins are getting rejections when sending PMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running myBB 1.8.14 and I have several admins who handle registrations depending on the group they come in under. Most, if not all of them, use shortcut code and form PM's as part of the process which sends either a welcome note, or a request for more information to the applicant but they also CC other members pertinent to their groupings so they are aware of the new member.

Well with a recent influx of members a couple of my "registrars" have gotten this message when trying to send:

Quote:You have already submitted the same private message to the same recipient within the last 5 hours.

I just recently upgraded from 1.6 so I'm still figuring out a lot of the new settings in the adminCP but I just don't find this setting anywhere that makes sense to me.

Is this an editable setting or can it be disabled for certain groups?

Thanks,
gmO

6500+ views.

Wondering if it's people commiserating? Smile
No ideas? Or am I not clearly articulating my problem?
cutoff time of duplicate PMs checking functionality is hard coded into private.php file

you may reduce the time limit or change the function .. etc
$time_cutoff = TIME_NOW - (5 * 60 * 60);
above is for 5 hours.
Thanks.
What are the chances that in the future something like this could be editable within the adminCP so that changing it doens't chance being overwritten by future updates?