MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User can't login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Out of the blue, one of my users can't login. 

He's been an active user for the past 2 months. I got this from the user:

Quote:Got a message saying password/user name incorrect. I clicked on "reset password". 
Got an email link to reset it. Clicked on the link. Got to the page where I confirmed it was me. Got another email with a new password
(random string of numbers and letters). Went to the login page. Entered my email address
and the new randomly generated password. Got a new page saying "the password and user name are incorrect". Now all I get is that page
no matter what I enter.

Then I tried changing his password from the Admin panel and sent him that password. His still couldn't log in. 

I tried logging in myself as him, using his email and a password that I created and I get the same error.

Nothing has changed since I installed this bb last year.  We're running MyBB 1.8.7.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
have you tried using user name & changed password (from admin panel) to login ? if not then try it ..
Yes. I changed his password from the admin panel and sent him the password. He couldn't login.

I also tried logging in has him with that new password and I couldn't login either.
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & that user's user name to check it