MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Markdown and direct image upload.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My two wishes:

1) support for Markdown in addition to or even instead of BBCode.

2) direct image upload by copy/paste (as you can do on imgur and StackOverflow).
1. Our team is already working on a parser which will support BBCode, Markdown as well as HTML (Safe).
2. There are plugins available from directly almost all the trustworthy image host team for MyBB if you dig a little. If you want to avoid image hosts and want to upload directly to one of your hosting folder and hotlink, well thats an easy plugin which can be developed. I am not sure but I believe there must be some plugins like that already released.
(2018-03-30, 03:54 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]1. Our team is already working on a parser which will support BBCode, Markdown as well as HTML (Safe).
2. There are plugins available from directly almost all the trustworthy image host team for MyBB if you dig a little. If you want to avoid image hosts and want to upload directly to one of your hosting folder and hotlink, well thats an easy plugin which can be developed. I am not sure but I believe there must be some plugins like that already released.

1. Nice to know
  2. I maintain a forum about Gimp, so user-made pictures are a way of life.... but I don't want these to go to image hosts, because these services can change their policies (like photobucket.com did recently) and this can make some of our content useless. And there is a strong temptation for users tend to put pictures on imgur.com because it's more convenient than adding them as MyBB attachments.
(2018-03-30, 03:54 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]1. Our team is already working on a parser which will support BBCode, Markdown as well as HTML (Safe).

Supporting all 3 in conjunction? Could be problematic but would be amazing to see that!

If you mixed html like <b>hello[/b] and it worked, it would be impressive. Not sure if it's needed to all be together like that but I could see some issues with it maybe.
(2018-04-06, 05:40 PM)Cybersec Wrote: [ -> ]Supporting all 3 in conjunction? Could be problematic but would be amazing to see that!

Multiple parsing is quite a normal thing. See this QSEditor

(2018-04-06, 05:40 PM)Cybersec Wrote: [ -> ]If you mixed html like <b>hello[/b] and it worked, it would be impressive. Not sure if it's needed to all be together like that but I could see some issues with it maybe.

How can you do the math wrong and expect write answer? In fact, I guess there will be dedicated input tabs for BBCode and Markdown. You can't mix those. Parsers will be called according to the tabs selected. Also, HTML will be allowed to input or not thats a question, what I meant is our editor will be able to parse Markdown as well as BBCode to HTML.