MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging from punBB 1.4.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi y'all, my first post here Big Grin

Testing a merge from punBB since that seems dead and here on my test server seems to go OK.
The version we're running right now is punBB 1.3.4 but we're having an emergency upgrading in place due to the fact that reCaptcha v1 is out and us very few admins had to manually create all new accounts.

I do have a question though. What about all the addons that we used on punBB, since that BB itself didn't include functions like.... anything.

The biggest issue I have right now is the addon to upload files/images.
THIS is used a LOT!!!! We got pictures taken and uploaded and that is like 85% of the space all the files take(just a guess though, but there's lots of pictures)
These pictures are extremely important to the users since they include pictures from their projects that can be over a time period like a year, probably even be more.
Are all these addons' files and such gone? If so I don't think we can migrate without a lot of complaints.

//Cheers

Oh dear, every Swedish letter is translated to weird characters.
The old forum's collation was 'latin1_swedish_ci' and now it's 'utf8_unicode_ci' since myBB seems to want that.
Is there a way to fix this?

and all URLs are just marked with ?url?http://xxxxxxxx?/url?
fix for that?
These are either links to photobucket or such or 'internal', uploaded files to the webserver

Been checking the URLs that people are linking to, and they wont match.
Does the merging change TopicID from the original?

eg.
punBB:
?url?http://xxx.xx/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9335?/url?

I thought the new name of the PHP-file for it would be the thing in the link to see that post, something like this:

xxx/showthread.php?tid=7700
so I tried;
xxx.xx/showthread.php?tid=9335
but that pointed to a totally different post.
It's all on me, I didn't untick the checkbox for the convertion-thing. After that all was OK.