MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Closed vs. Locked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not a big issue, just something odd came to notice.
Some places it is "Closed Thread" some places it is "Locked Thread".
We should choose either of two and stick with it. Isn't it?
Definitely something to think about for 1.9. It's relatively easy fix and should be included.
(2018-04-03, 04:46 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Not a big issue, just something odd came to notice.
Some places it is "Closed Thread" some places it is "Locked Thread".
We should choose either of two and stick with it. Isn't it?

I agree with this.

I'd vote for 'Closed Thread'. 

"Locked Thread" will leave the user wondering how they can "unlock" the thread and thus PMing or posting a thread asking how to "unlock" a thread. 

"Closed Thread" is straight-forward and is not misunderstood.
I also agree with this, only one name "Closed thread" should be appropriate and it is easy to understand because MyBB uses Open and Close convention.
I'd also vote for Closed thread. I can't right now but it would be good to open an issue on GitHub with the 1.9 label for this.
It is an easy change Smile I might post a PR
Closed thread seems like the optimal play. I have seen some plugins which refer to it as closed, and only very few places is it referred to as locked.
Locked has the connotation that it was closed due to a rule violation or something. Closed is more neutral.
IMO users need to have the ability lock their own threads, moderators to close threads.
(2018-04-24, 06:19 AM)Poftorek Wrote: [ -> ]IMO users need to have the ability lock their own threads, moderators to close threads.

This is not the topic of this thread
and next time please don't open issues at Github directly. Post here before for pre-evaluation.
Pages: 1 2