MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make the super cool users page like Invision board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this forums which uses Invision. I want a super cool profiles page like this on my mybb forum!
gamenader.com/index.php?/profile/30-echelonbrk/

Specifically I want to add the top section with the banner and stats which is very awesome and modern looking.
(2018-04-05, 04:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use below or hire a coder
* Profile Design * Profile Picture * tabbed profile
* Latest Posts on Profile
* Last User's Threads in Profile

As always .m. to rescue Smile
Also OP, you can try using iAndrew's theme, his below theme can give you a good feel of IPB
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=283
(2018-04-05, 04:33 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-05, 04:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use below 
* Profile Design * Profile Picture * tabbed profile
* Latest Posts on Profile
* Last User's Threads in Profile

As always .m. to rescue Smile
Also OP, you can try using iAndrew's theme, his below theme can give you a good feel of IPB
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=283

Profile Design - any screenshot of this? Will this do what I asked? I';m going to guess and say it won't though..

Profile Picture is MEH: not good at all. Terrible actually. Better than nothing? Sure, barely. Although, maybe with some coding it could be used in conjunction with a custom profile page to be a banner image.

tabbed profile - interesting,. definitely doesn't do what I asked with banner like Invision but maybe cool to use.

The last two have nothing to do with a profile banner although interesting so thanks for the links.

As for the theme, I already used a theme and it's already customized how I like it.My theme does not however affect the profile banner like Invision board.

That Duende theme is actually quite nice although I can't use the whole theme cause I already spent all the time making my current theme just right.

Could you show any example of what profile page looks like on Duende theme? If it has same Invision-style profile, perhaps you could give instructions how to use only the profile page of that theme only.

On another note maybe with a slight modification to tabbed profile when combining Profile Picture to add the banner image, maybe it would be possible to make a banner image like the Invision Board. For example what I mean is to instead of putting Profile Picture banner image in a separate section, instead don't show that section and instead show that as a wide banner image, and then stick the tabbed profile grey tabs at the top, at the bottom of the banner uploaded as Profile Picture for a banner image.

If anyone has any ideas on specific instructions to change the tabbed profile to add a banner image using the Profile Picture, it would be great to help a lot of people and also compete with the beauty of Invision board.

Also for reference here is a screenshot of that page what I am referring to on Invision board with the banner image for profiles:

[attachment=40141]

Quote:If anyone has any ideas on specific instructions to change the tabbed profile to add a banner image using the Profile Picture, it would be great to help a lot of people and also compete with the beauty of Invision board.

Here, I have photoshopped exactly what I meant with my idea above:

[Image: UJmgscO.jpg]

Now all someone has to do is tell me how precisely to do this Smile
bump Smile
Do you want for the background image to be set by the user?
(2018-04-08, 04:59 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want for the background image to be set by the user?

yes
-----
-----