MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easiest way to edit css/php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i was wondering, is there a easier way of editing you're theme? Like the CSS/php. I know some people do it with inspect elements and then paste the edited code in or something like that. 

Could any suggest anything?
html & css can be edited for testing by using developer tools in the browser.
browsers like firefox & Chrome also have extensions related to live editing.

[browser developer tools]
Inspect element is probably the best way of doing it. You can edit the styles on specific elements throughout the page, so it's really useful in that aspect.
(2018-04-05, 05:58 PM)Cybersec Wrote: [ -> ]Inspect element is probably the best way of doing it. You can edit the styles on specific elements throughout the page, so it's really useful in that aspect.

Thank you, but my questions is how do i actually copy the edited code that i've done in inspect elements and paste it to the correct .php
There used to be a Sublime extension for editing MyBB Templates in 1.6.x days. As it is not maintained I am sure it is running incompatibility with 1.8.x.

Some of our developers hold outstanding works that may be helpful:
Some people port the static version of HTML and CSS of the templates and use VSCode with Live Server / Live SASS Compiler for fast theme development.

There are some more which right now I can't find ...

(2018-04-05, 06:03 PM)megi228 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, but my questions is how do i actually copy the edited code that i've done in inspect elements and paste it to the correct .php

You don't need to modify PHP. You have to modify templates. Refer above resources and you will get the idea.
(2018-04-05, 06:03 PM)megi228 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-05, 05:58 PM)Cybersec Wrote: [ -> ]Inspect element is probably the best way of doing it. You can edit the styles on specific elements throughout the page, so it's really useful in that aspect.

Thank you, but my questions is how do i actually copy the edited code that i've done in inspect elements and paste it to the correct .php

Honestly, you'll need to monitor exactly which changes you'd made, and to which CSS style group, and then goto Admin CP > Themes > Edit Stylesheet and then add in the new code.