MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting a gif background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i set a gif background for my forum?
Upload the new gif background to the website. Grab the location.

Then, edit your CSS and find the old one, replace the location with the location of your new one.
(2018-04-05, 06:57 PM)Cybersec Wrote: [ -> ]Upload the new gif background to the website. Grab the location.

Then, edit your CSS and find the old one, replace the location with the location of your new one.
Steps please?
1. Upload a gif background, using file manager or Cpanel, or even SSH/FTP. Just upload a gif file into /images/ directory (or another appropriate one).

2. Open AdminCP and go to Templates & Style.

3. Find your default theme, under controls, select Options on the same row as your default theme and click Edit Theme.

4. Select global.css, again Options > Edit Style and once the page loads, select the Advanced Mode.

5. It's difficult for me to advise you on this, as it depends on the theme you are using. But go CTRL + F, search for "background-image", and find the image which is set as your background. There shouldn't be too many occurrences of "background-image" in the stylesheet though.

6. Replace the image address with the location of your new one. It should be located under /images/FILENAME.gif. You should know what to do from here, just save it, clear your browser cache and check if it's working.