MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom user view modification issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In ACP when you save your custom user view and share it with other people with access to ACP then they will get "No users found", but as I was checking this with my friend there was actually a lot of people found by this view on my account, and on his "No users found". This is weird, and often it repairs itsels after some time (it can be as long as week).

Also another bug (maybe?) - when I save custom view it's no longer possible to select all users displayed in one page with that checkbox near view name. It will visually select, but when I click on specific user to not include him it will deselect everyone. Also when ACP has that visually selected user, when I choose to eg. delete them ACP just shows me an error that I have not selected any users.

IT MAY be my forum installation, because I am currenty about 3rd or 4th admin there and I am fixing almost everything (well almost 99% fixed right now, so it's most likely not issue here).

Well maybe you would be able to confirm that issue. If not then well need to dig deeper into database and other things, maybe there's still something I need to fix.
do you use different language packs for the admin panel ? (to facilitate different admins)

exactly which version of MyBB you are using ? what does file verification tool report ?

admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders
Files are fine - every single time I update forum I check them twice to be sure.
Version is 1.8.12, however this issue exists for me at least from version 1.8.4 (I haven't updated that forum to 1.8.15 yet, because I have some "custom" modifications to some plugins and every single time when I update I have errors to resolve).
As I can't update that one forum I will check on new freshly installed copy of MyBB (1.8.15) if this issue still exists.

Also I have installed polish translation, but just to be sure I will update this post in about 15-20 minutes when I check that on fresh copy without any translations.

Small edit: I'm using english version of ACP - I'm more used to it.

EDIT: Okay tested it with fresh 1.8.15 install and it seems to be alright. Then it was stupid to write here without firstly checking that - sorry for that stupidity.
Both of problems I described are not present on fresh install. So it must be something on that specific forum. I doubt it's DB related. More like translation is messing things up or some plugins maybe - I will need to check that. Once again sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for your time you just wasted on reading this and replying. If I could ask you one favor though...
Maybe you have any ideas what can mess up ACP like this?

Last edit: found whole issue source. I have view that will show me 500 user accounts (set to filter only some "bots"). When I change that value to 499 it starts to function normally. When it is 500 or above it stops working. Still searching though for any reason why saving custom view sometimes makes it not to work for everyone else, bot most likely it's the same issue).
So this can be rejected Smile