MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to properly take a backup of SQL and the whole website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys I want to know how to properly take a full backup of your site.

SQL and the website files.
This helps?
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/backups/

Use an FTP Client (like Filezilla) to download your MyBB Installation folder.
There are chances that your hosting panel is already having custom tools to backup your site (database as well as site) you can try for it but the recommended safe method is always official documentation.
(2018-04-09, 03:22 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]This helps?
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/backups/

Use an FTP Client (like Filezilla) to download your MyBB Installation folder.
There are chances that your hosting panel is already having custom tools to backup your site (database as well as site) you can try for it but the recommended safe method is always official documentation.

Thanks I'm using Database backup in ACP and I transfer the files from Filezilla?
Yes. Use your FTP Credential to access your server and download entire directory where MyBB is installed.
zip all files in public_html
Save those files in a secure place.

Open database in phpmyadmin (or a similar alternative), export the entire database (remember not to just export a single table).

Then please simply place these both in the same place and keep them safe. You can encrypt them with a password to protect them from intruders, and also simply zip them to not take up too much space as they can be very large files.
(2018-04-11, 09:03 PM)Cybersec Wrote: [ -> ]Then please simply place these both in the same place and keep them safe. You can encrypt them with a password to protect them from intruders, and also simply zip them to not take up too much space as they can be very large files.

You should be zipping (or tarballing, it you prefer) your backups anyway, it keeps them all in the same place, regardless of where you store it, and reduces the overall size of the file.