MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked out of forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My regular password stopped working, no idea why. But anyway I requested a reset and it sent me a randomly generated password but the randomly generated password doesn't work. I've requested a new password a few times but every password I get sent never works. At this point clearly something is broken and I can't even login to mess with the settings. I don't suppose anyone knows why the randomly generated passwords don't work?

Any guidance is appreciated, cheers.
do u have any other admin for ur site? if u do get them to log in and manually change ur password. this should work ive had this happen before
Make sure you try to login with username and last password or email and last password.
You can also try to reset admin password via SQL phpMyAdmin
https://wallbb.co.uk/reset-admin-password-mybb/
I had several users report a similar issue. They request a password reset. They receive an email. The username and temporary password doesn't work! You get an error message saying that the data is invalid and to contact the administrator. Any ideas?

I am using the latest version of MyBB.
Interesting, I actually had the same issue a few days ago. Even reset the password via SQL and couldn’t login. After resetting, I’d type in the new password and hit enter, go back and look in the database and the password would be different. All in a matter of seconds.
Yeah doesn't make much sense, managed to get back is as it magically let me log in again. This is something that needs fixing though.