MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SIN - online today looks weird in "Square"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just installed SIN's Online Today Add-on. On the Square theme.....here's the problem in an image attached below.....

I'm not sure what to do to fix it so it fills the entire row like the normal Who's online section. Any ideas? Smile
Hi mate, go into the template that corresponds with online today, it will be something like index_whosonline_today (not 100% sure on template as I'm on iPad right now) then find the <td> and add the following: colspan="4"
There's an online_today template:

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->online_today}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead thead_left" align="center" width="50%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->on_username}</strong></span></td>
<td class="thead thead_right" align="center" width="50%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->time}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
{$todayrows}
<tr>
<td align="center" colspan="2" class="trow1" style="white-space: nowrap">{$onlinetoday}</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
{$multipage}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

However, I don't know if that's the right spot for this...... is there any other template it could be in? I tried adding colspan="4" to a few places and it didn't fix anything.

Edit: I found This post and followed what the guy did, and that worked, HOWEVER, it only shows ME as being online today and not my co-admin as well, while in the one that is messed up it shows both of us, however that one is the one that's messed up as seen in the picture....
I'd suggest undo-ing what you did following that post. The template you posted is the Whos Online page.

Can you post your forum URL?

If this is the template contents for the plugin(posted in other thread):
<td class="tcat"><strong>{$lang->whos_online_today}</strong> [<a href="online.php?action=today">{$lang->complete_list}</a>]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->online_note_today}<br />{$onlinemembers}</span></td>
</tr>
Replace it with this:
<td class="tcat" colspan="4"><strong>{$lang->whos_online_today}</strong> [<a href="online.php?action=today">{$lang->complete_list}</a>]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="trow1" colspan="4"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->online_note_today}<br />{$onlinemembers}</span></td>
</tr>
Notice the "colspan="4"" on both <td> elements.

As a bonus, here's a cool little "trick" to help you figure out what templates are used where in the future. I'm using Google Chrome here, but I'm sure most browsers support inspect element?
[Image: GiTyZlr.gif]
Here is my forum URL: https://www.nucleusboards.net/mybb/index.php (at the moment, til it's ready anyway)

Take a look, you'll see the issue with the edit above and such.......Sad Really not sure....the index template edit would work fine if it actually displayed who was online today.......

my index template now:
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="4"><span class="smalltext"><a class="effect" href="online.php" title="{$lang->complete_list}"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-users fa-fw"></i></a>&nbsp;<strong>{$lang->whos_online}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" colspan="4"><span class="smalltext">{$onlinemembers}<br /><br />{$lang->online_note}</span></td>
</tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="4"><strong>{$lang->whos_online_today}</strong> [<a href="online.php?action=today">{$lang->complete_list}</a>]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
   <td class="trow1" colspan="4"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->online_note_today}<br />{$onlinetoday}</span></td>
</tr>
This has happened because of your 4 column board statistics.
You have to edit your template of "Online Today" plugin. The template name is 'online_today_index'.

Find this line:
<td class="tcat">
Replace with:
<td class="tcat" colspan="4">

again find this line:
<td class="trow1">
replace with:
<td class="trow1" colspan="4">

and save the template.

Since this is a template belongs to plugin you can find it under "Global Templates".
[Image: K1xLyX1.png]
All I did was add the colspan="4" to where I said above^^

Template is: online_today_index - It may be located under global templates if you cant find it.

Damnit effone beats me again Toungue
Worked! Thanks!

I might've messed up the whos_online template slightly.....this is what this page looks like now:
https://www.nucleusboards.net/mybb/onlin...tion=today

online_today template:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->online_today}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" colspan="4">
<tr>
<td class="thead thead_left" align="center" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->on_username}</strong></span></td>
<td class="thead thead_right" align="center" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->time}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
{$todayrows}
<tr>
<td align="center"  class="trow1" style="white-space: nowrap">{$onlinetoday}</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
{$multipage}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

online_today_row

<tr>
<td align="center" class="trow1" width="100%" colspan="4">{$online['profilelink']}{$invisiblemark}</td>
<td align="center" class="trow2" width="100%" colspan="4">{$onlinetime}</td>
</tr>

Any help in fixing that would be greatly appreciated as well. Smile Thanks!
There is a reset template function you can use.
Themes & Templates > Your Theme > The Template > Options = Revert to original.

Also, to fix your header go to your themes global.css find
.menu {
    width: 492px;
    float: right;
    margin: 75px 0 0 0;
    padding: 0;
    text-align: right;
}
Change to
.menu {
    width: 592px;
    float: right;
    margin: 75px 0 0 0;
    padding: 0;
    text-align: right;
}
It was bugging me  Blush
I don't see that, Harry.....Where exactly do I go for that? I can't find it in global.css for Square?

Edit: Found it, it was in Square.css.....don't see what it changed though?
Pages: 1 2