MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove members in bulk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may sound daft but is there a quick way of removing members in bulk?

Steve
You cannot do it via the Admin-CP. If you have some conditions you can remove them by executing a query in the database.
If you are not familiar with the right syntax used in executing the delete query in myphpadmin, please do not take the risk. I also advise you not to use a plugin for that.

Regards
Thanks
Michael83 Wrote:If you have some conditions you can remove them by executing a query in the database.

I'd like to elaborate on this (only for those who are not familiar with queries), because putting the wrong condition may result in chaos. What I normally do is to execute a "select" query first, then after getting the results, I select either all or some of the results for deletion.

Suppose I want to delete some or all the members in the awaiting activation group, I do the following.

In Myphpadmin, I execute this query:
SELECT * FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `usergroup`=5

When I get the results of the query, I check all first then uncheck the ones I wish to keep, then drop (delete) the checked ones.

But I never use the "DELETE FROM......" query, to be on the safe side.

Regards