MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Myalerts popup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i click on my forum myalerts button on home page it doesn't  popup
Please any help
does it work fine on computer (pc / laptop) ?
No it does not
^ you can follow this suggestion for your theme.
Is not working ,
I said the alert button is not clicking any thing popup if is click nothing will happen
which theme you are using ? post a test user account so that someone can check it ..
I have actually the same problem using the Clean Pro Theme from https://mybb-themes.club/downloads/clean...ive-theme/

When clicking on the Alerts Link in top menu, the page is greyed out, but no pop-up. All other pop-ups on the site work as normal.

I am using MyBB 1.8.15 and newest MyAlerts V 2.0.4

Then I found the suggestion here.

I then modified the code shown there slighty. Here is what I did:

Old code in template myalerts_headericon:

<span class="alerts {$newAlertsIndicator}">
    <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php" class="tt myalerts open_modal" title="Alerts" data-selector="#myalerts_alerts_modal" rel="modal:open"><i class="fa fa-bell"></i>
        <span class ="alert_counter">{$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']} </span></a>
</span>

replaced with

<span class="alerts {$newAlertsIndicator}">
    <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php" class="myalerts" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('/alerts.php?action=modal&amp;ret_link={$myalerts_return_link}', { fadeDuration: 250, zIndex: (typeof modal_zindex !== 'undefined' ? modal_zindex : 9999) }); return false;">
    <i class="fa fa-bell"></i>({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>
</span>

(a bit modified from the suggestion here). Et voila, the pop-up works.

The only thing I notice is that it's still not working on the mobile phone. Anyone knows how to make it work on a mobile phone?
EDIT: It also works on mobile phones, but the unfolded menu covers the pop-up. Just close the menu and the popup appears. I only had problems in Firefox on Android. There the pop-ups are disabled by default.