MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [extend] - [suggestion] - re-evaluate initial submission approval time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

As the title states, just a suggestion for the extend/mods page, but perhaps the initial submission approval time should be re- evaluated? Now I know indeed that there is a human factor and volunteer / time factoring of course is to be expected but, theme developers, plugin developers, translators etc, spend their time to create free end user products that upon completion, they would like to share with and see the community use and enjoy. Often times those initial submissions will not be approved for 10 or more days, sometimes even much longer. That in my humble opinion can be discouraging, frustrating and can sometimes perhaps discourage contributors from having the desire to continue contributing. Just a thought. Perhaps either there needs to be more volunteer staff delegated for mods submission approval or some sort of automatic submission approval functioning considered. Again, just a humble opinion on the matter. Thanks for your time.
10 days is light. I've known developers to wait months on end.
(2018-04-22, 04:45 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]10 days is light. I've known developers to wait months on end.

Again, further solidifying my initial point. Whether it be 10 days, 20 days, a month, or months, etc, that is time that the end user could be using said product already and or the project further tested and developed due to end user usage and feedback, thus to me it would be more logical to get said product to the end user in a more timely manner. Again just a humble opinion and thought on the matter.
We're aware of the bad processes which are currently used for the extend site. We are in a testing phase for some new modifications which mean that projects will show almost immediately. We do hope do bring these out ASAP.
(2018-04-22, 06:27 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]We're aware of the bad processes which are currently used for the extend site. We are in a testing phase for some new modifications which mean that projects will show almost immediately. We do hope do bring these out ASAP.

Cool beans! Glad to hear. Looking forward indeed to such a rollout.
Even team members are excited to see these changes Toungue
(2018-04-22, 07:02 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Even team members are excited to see these changes Toungue

Cool beans! Glad to hear it and I am sure they are indeed. Improvements / optimizations that improve usability or any other bbs related factor and or help get more improvements, expansions, modifications, extensions, translations, etc, and or any other type of community and or staff based contributions overall to the end user regardless of position usually are welcomed as a bit of positive growth overall as indeed in theory every user no matter the position in the end is indeed in a nutshell simply an end user from the very first day they find this BBS and yes, even onward to the eventuality of individual user / community based contribution(s).  Smile
Curious, seeing as such new mod submission features that were previously mentioned appear to already have been rolled out judging by the last few mods site submissions...., is there any eta on finally getting around to approving all previous existing mod submissions that have been long overdue waiting in the queue? Just saying..., that discouraging factor I previously mentioned has had me considering perhaps ceasing any further and or future mybb free community contributions a great deal during the excessive wait time and has for the first time since the vanilla rollout surprisingly caused me to finally consider perhaps ceasing usage of mybb as a whole.