MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to attract more users on a new forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I'm planning to start a new forum on Fashion. It's a big challenge to attract registered users initially.

Will appreciate if you can suggest and share tips on increasing registered users. Later I have lots of secrets and contents to engage them.

Thanks.
This has been asked before several times, if you search a little. There are paragraphs written down showing many pros and cons, dos and don'ts but if you ask me honestly to attract members to your site you just need interesting contents with free attractive resources and thats it as per my personal experience.
My tip: Create a unique experience for the users and focus on quality content which should help your SEO.

But the main thing you must do, is work day in and day out. It could take months or even years for your forum to be a success and even if you work incredibly hard there is no guarantee you will do well. A lot of admins simply don't do the work required.
what about google, is there any tricks to that. I run a YouTube forum, and was curious if someone made a thread would it come up on google if someone searched their name?
From my experience you need to begin content on your forum, perform SEO tactics, and buy affordable targeted keywords.
My forum is one year old and i passed through the situation which you are currently facing.

I was getting 1 member a week before but i continued posting everyday,made good rules,made my forum also a good looking one.Then i heard the word SEO and i would say,it is very important for Google to find your forum.That means,you should also do a proper SEO optimization on your forum.

Then don't forget to use social media like facebook,twitter,reddit,youtube ecc ecc to promote your forum.Promote doesn't means spamming every single facebook page with your forum name,it will effect negatively on your forum.

And it needs time,after one year,i can't say that i have got a lot of activity on my forum but i can confirm that i am getting from 8-10 new registrations everyday and they aren't bots..They are real members.

However,i wish you the very best.

Regards!
(2018-04-23, 03:16 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]This has been asked before several times, if you search a little. There are paragraphs written down showing many pros and cons, dos and don'ts but if you ask me honestly to attract members to your site you just need interesting contents with free attractive resources and thats it as per my personal experience.

Thanks for your quick response & sharing the personal experience. it will help me a lot.

(2018-04-23, 06:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]My tip: Create a unique experience for the users and focus on quality content which should help your SEO.

But the main thing you must do, is work day in and day out.  It could take months or even years for your forum to be a success and even if you work incredibly hard there is no guarantee you will do well.  A lot of admins simply don't do the work required.

So only way is by quality content + SEO. That better works on blogs too

(2018-04-23, 06:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]My tip: Create a unique experience for the users and focus on quality content which should help your SEO.

But the main thing you must do, is work day in and day out.  It could take months or even years for your forum to be a success and even if you work incredibly hard there is no guarantee you will do well.  A lot of admins simply don't do the work required.

So Only way is by quality content + SEO. That better works on Blogs too.
My tip would be to be active on the forum posting good content maybe host a giveaway or something some time. Also work on SEO at the same time, make sure you don't have broken links (not that big of a deal), if you can get a responsive forum theme because a lot of people use mobile phones, and create some fake accounts and post threads and replies this will make it so your forum is active and make sure to talk differently then you do on your main account so users don't know.

Also see 10 Ways To Promote Your New Forum.
I think posting some good fashion tips in social media using infographics with proper sizes/dimensions for each social media sites can be attracting.

Posting models, it can be you. showing off your fashion style. then make some of it blurry and in your message to view the clear version of it they need to sign up on your forum.

Applying Xthreads or gallery type plugins might look great for members.

Lastly, if you have a very interesting tips that everyone will be thankful make an image/gif and try the fb ads, just be sure to pick the right target market.