MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Field in admin cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Team,
I see an issue in MyBB 1.8.15 series related to custom profile field.

Description
Basically when a custom profile field is created with Required and is also required at egistration, then that particular field should also be required when creating accounts in admin cp.
But currently that field is not required in admin cp.

Regards
WallBB
Not sure if this would be a feature or a bug. It could be said this is a feature to allow admins to override fields for accounts which wouldn't require them. Just my thoughts.
(2018-04-24, 06:49 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this would be a feature or a bug. It could be said this is a feature to allow admins to override fields for accounts which wouldn't require them. Just my thoughts.
Just in that case, admin should over email or confirm password fields as well.
I disagree. Email and password are essential features for a user account. Just my thoughts, would be good to get some others before deciding on this.
Just as you suggested forcing profile fields to administrators we decided so to apply for the password and email fields as these are essential account fields.

But I think we can allow accounts not to require emails but giving the option to confirm one at any given moment. Many sites work that way.
Well, there comes admin privilege ....
(2018-04-29, 08:52 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Just as you suggested forcing profile fields to administrators we decided so to apply for the password and email fields as these are essential account fields.

But I think we can allow accounts not to require emails but giving the option to confirm one at any given moment. Many sites work that way.
Yeah, but there should be a message in admin panel stating that it is a required field even though admin can create an account without filling it Smile

(2018-04-29, 10:15 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there comes admin privilege ....

Haha Smile
With great power comes great responsibility Toungue
We've discussed this and the team feels the current behaviour is the correct way as it is a user defined field and not one a board administration necessarily knows the relevant information.