MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upcoming mental health and interest forum needs help to get finished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Over the last few years I've been planning a mental health and interest forum for people into anime, cosplay, Japanese culture, PC and console games and technology etc.

I have future plans once the site grows to launch a YouTube channel with discussions on mental health in the community and reviews, interviews etc.

So I have a scope and goal to turn this is into a big thing long term.

Also it's planned to tackle and be away from online trolling saltines and other things that are common online.

I've managed to progress a certain way on my own with a development website running here but it's needing graphics for the front page and a logo as well as someone passionate about these interests and supporting people with mental health issues to help discuss site stuff and to help launch the site so it's not just me launching and being the only member.

So if anyone wants to help I would appreciate it, not much is needed just a few basic images and logo all of which will probably be changed once the site is active so no need to spend too much time on it.

For info these are also my passionate interests I want to share with others as well I also suffer from ongoing social anxiety and depression so this is why I want to help other people.

As for costs I'm trying to do this on no budget as someone struggling with things myself to help others struggling.
I might be interested in this, get in touch.
I have same problems actually due a long time periods of unhealth

So i will help you in all i can Smile

For now i am very bussy and have no time for anything, anyways a pm or mail must be enought for me to help you on all my free time, without any payment due i am suffering this some years ago, now i am much better but no one have to get anxiety or depression it is too hard to explain and we live very difficult things and no one can understand it, only the persons who has experienced it.

So good luck and i am in touch if you wish Smile i'll be happiness to contribute on this.
Always welcome the help even from those to help the site get running and active and some people to start generating discussions and content once its up properly.

So I will definitely keep you in the loop,

I PM'd Ben about things but always open to seeing what people have to offer.

In the end this is not a site about me or my specific interests but a site tailored for the community and to help people grow and better themselves and share common interests.

For info Whiteneo and others, I have been suffering my whole life with things and still am especially socially which is why its soo hard for me to find others to help with launching the site, but I am trying and pushing through as I want to use it myself as well as support others as no-one should have to go through what I go through or from what I have seen with some people in these interest groups and communities.
Still looking for anyone that can help with some initial graphics and a logo.
I'm not a creative person, I'm more technically minded so this is the area that needs the most help currently.

Doesn't need to be anything fancy as the site will obviously undergo redesigns once it starts getting active.

Also for those that want to help in other ways I'm super open and flexible in hearing what you have to offer and working to accommodate all needs and wants that I can.
I've been in development the last few days continuing writing a front-page in bootstrap, properly setting up the community forums and all permissions and settings for launch.
Someone is helping with the logo but its a trying process as he is young and isn't as skilled.

I don't have a MyBB theme though and at this stage looks like the community will launch with just the basic theme.
It's not too much of a issue as people can input into a theme once we are running, I would be looking for a responsive theme that's branded to us that can work across all devices as the site I have written is responsive in itself.

I'll be posting here when it's open and anyone can join and offer to help out and give advice.

The community is a interests based forum mainly for anime, cosplay, Japanese, gaming and technology and has a dedicated forum category for mental health support as well as a forum for members to message staff privately.

Later I may look at xthreads and stuff once we up and running as I have many very cool ideas that we could use that for, but for now a basic forum will work.

Overall things are progressing reasonably and once I can get the logo done the site will well be on its way to launching.

Looked at themes for MyBB and found Emerald which is responsive so I am going to use that default to start. I have also provided feedback in its forum for a sizing issue with the forum I found and will provide other bug reports and fixes to the developer as I come across them.
I am tweaking the theme a little for personal preference, keeping the footer but adding our own sites link there and also tweaking the header so the site is cleaner and fleshed out with our links.

Still trying to get the logo done the guy that 'is' helping I don't know if he will get the stuff finished to standard.

I am pretty much ready to launch but just awaiting on him and that :/
For now I have opened the forum and going to allow people in but its not a official opening as such as I'm only posting around certain places to get a initial group in on testing etc.

You can see the frontpage of the site here which links to the forum in the header.

All feedback and bug reports are appreciated.
I have a dedicated website support area for bug reports so there or here is fine for now if there there it makes it easier to manage.
I have been coding the last week straight pretty much.
Been fixing up the theme and expanding it.
I coded a members only mycode css styled spoiler using (YourCode) as my mycode plugin, the spoiler allows both descriptions or no descriptions.
Fleshed out the front page.
We have a TLD (top level domain now) cajgo-suppoprt.com need to work out virtualmin with domain name change its not doing it as I have a parent and a sub and the parent won't let me change the domain name.
I also ordered a stack of business cards incase I run into anyone locally so I can pass along and promote the site a bit.

I am all eyes on reading what features and bugs the site has and will fix and improve them.
I'm really keen on this site and prepared to do what I can, just need the word spread, some members and feedback where things can improve.
Everything is now on https://cajgo-support.com/
I just fixed up the domain names and community has been now renamed to https://community.cajgo-support.com/ respectively.

Still hoping anyone here might like to join up and get to get the site going.

I'm always listening and hoping to read feedback and comments where I can improve things.
Still been heavily working on things.
I made a blog.php page that hooks into a forum needs prefixes and prefix filters to filter the content if anyone can help let me know.
I also added a scroller to the front page to show notices.
I purchased a couple extra bundles from bundle sites to give out to active users.

StopCyberBulling day is coming up and our site supports it as well we support other causes to deal with online harassment and mental health issues in the community for gamers, anime fans and cosplayers.

If people want to join up or help out it's much appreciated.
We need all the promotion we can get atm.

I personally will support those that support the site anyway I can.
Pages: 1 2 3