MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb and PHP 7.2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, on a server I tried to install mybb 1.8.15 with php 7.2 but it gave me error, for slow php code or something like that.
With php 7.1 it works instead.
Is it a common problem, it is mybb not yet compatible with 7.2?
(just to know, I don't know whether to use 7.2, 7.1, 7.0 or go back to 5.6)
Thanks
There are no known issues on PHP 7.2, however certain old plugins can result in PHP Warnings being displayed or cause other problems. You can copy the full error message if you bump into any (enabling error logging in Configuration → Settings → Server and Optimization Options may help) and we'll investigate.
(2018-04-29, 11:31 AM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]There are no known issues on PHP 7.2, however certain old plugins can result in PHP Warnings being displayed or cause other problems. You can copy the full error message if you bump into any (enabling error logging in Configuration → Settings → Server and Optimization Options may help) and we'll investigate.

I was installing mybb on a test server, just put the files on the server via ftp and went to /forum/install/ to start the installation but I always get the error 503 service unavailable.

I use serverpilot on my vps, I can from the control panel switch between different versions of php, with the php 7.2 I can't install mybb, then I tried with 7.1 and no problem.

Maybe it's a problem of configuration of php 7.2 of serverpilot, incompatible with mybb, I don't know.

I installed mybb with php 7.1 and forum works. Now I'm trying to use php 7.2, forum empty, no plugins or other, and always error :/

Quote:Service Unavailable
PHP did not respond properly to the request. As a result, Apache considers the PHP-FPM service to be unavailable.

Detailed information about this error is available in the app's Apache error log at:

/srv/users/SYSUSER/log/APPNAME/APPNAME_apache.error.log
The root cause of this error is often slow PHP code. You should disable any plugins the app is using and check the app's PHP error log and PHP slow request log located at:

/srv/users/SYSUSER/log/APPNAME/APPNAME_phpX.Y.error.log
/srv/users/SYSUSER/log/APPNAME/APPNAME_phpX.Y.slow.log

But there aren't plugins installed now :/ And the problem is that I haven't logs about php7.2.log, only 7.1, maybe it's just a problem of my server